Distribution Hub & Central Services, Intermezzo Drive, Stourton, Leeds, LS10 1DF
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. Due to rapid successful growth our organisation is constantly offering new and exciting opportunities.
The Transport Team are the flagship of our business, carrying our logo and goods across the length and breadth of the UK. They also transport our reputation throughout the UK by being known as some of the safest Drivers. They are the epitome of class and diligence. They drive safely, have a trailer load of experience and know their roads like the back of their hands. They work hard in the best fleet we can find and look after our vehicles. They are a hardworking and friendly team. They are have a knack for delivering our goods to our customers in a courteous, friendly way.
If you have a valid HGV class 1 licence, are able to know the roads of Britain and are passionate for taking care of vehicles products and our customers, then this is the team for you. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation who are pushing the boundaries of innovation in their sector.
The main focus of the role is to provide first class shunting service in both yards at our Royds and Hunslet site contributing to the smooth operation of the organisation’s transportation of products
Main Duties of the Job-
• Provide an exemplary shunting service between both sites as and when required.
• Prepare vehicles/ trailers ready for dispatch as and when needed.
• Oversee and partake in the loading and unloading of vehicles as and when required.
• Ensure goods are safely secured.
• Complete safety checks on your vehicle prior to its use.
• Adhering to health and safety legislation, food hygiene legislation and company policies whilst carrying out your duties.
• Ensure all completed work is safe and hygienic and complies with FSA legislation.
• Comply with BRC standards.
• To have a duty of care to yourself and others.
• To be vigilant and aware in relation to detecting and rectifying any issues which may arise affecting the performance or safety of plant or equipment.
• Maintaining security of load when loading, transporting and delivering goods.
• Comply with legislation regarding vehicle safety, tachograph operation and working time.
• Relay appropriate queries to Transport Manager as required.
• Act as an ambassador for the company, providing high standard of customer care and being polite at all times.
• Accurately complete all relevant paperwork.
• Any other duty as may be considered necessary to assist the business.
Essential Qualifications / Experience
• Good working knowledge of the UK.
• Excellent English (both spoken and written skills).
• Driven and motivated.
• Completer / finisher.
• Class 1 licence with no more than 3 points.
• Flexible approach to working hours.
• Positive attitude to work colleagues.
• Works well under pressure.
• Previous experience as a shunter driver in a chilled environment / refrigerated vehicles.
Hours of work
Friday - Monday
Days / shift details
-Quarterly employee awards (£250 vouchers for winners)
-Internal training courses
-Company Shop Card
-28 days holiday per year including bank holidays (Bank Holidays are worked and taken in lieu) - Career progression
- Pension Contribution of 3% after 3 months
- Growing family business
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.