Distribution Hub & Central Services, Intermezzo Drive, Stourton, Leeds, LS10 1DF
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. Due to rapid successful growth our organisation is constantly offering new and exciting opportunities.
The Finance Department are organised, hardworking and friendly.
Over the last year the team has expanded in line with the growth of the business; we have taken on apprentices and where possible we offer them full time roles at the end of their apprenticeships. The last two apprentices moved into full roles just before completing their Business Administration apprenticeship.
The team are meticulous, determined and hardworking, ensuring all documentation is updated in line with the Company’s procedures. They also respond to customer and supplier enquiries in a timely manner.
Finance are based at the Hub and they have an excellent working environment. The team have a great sense of humour and love to have fun in and out of work.
The main focus of the role is to assist to the Financial Team in effectively managing the accurate and timely production of weekly / monthly information, product costing and assist others in the department where necessary.
Main Duties of the Job –
• Produce accurate product costings for all new products in the business
• Product roll-ups
• Ensuring new products set up in the correct manner and work in accordance with system design
• Review all live products to ensure margin is maintained
• Attend Salads NPD Meetings
• Review PPV
• Produce detailed Weekly and Monthly analysis relating to standard production, wastage and stock costings
• Produce insightful analysis to aid in cost saving initiatives /improve efficiencies
• Assist in advancing CDC processes and procedures
• Cover within the department as and when required
• Ability to continually review processes and procedures where applicable.
• Flexible approach to duties in order to meet the demands of the business.
Essential Qualifications / Experience
• Previous experience as an Accounts Assistant.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• IT Literate / proficient at using Microsoft office programs.
• Excellent English speaking and written skills.
• Driven and motivated.
• Completer / finisher.
• Excellent planning and organisation skills.
• Team player.
AAT Qualification or equivalent
Hours of work
Monday - Friday
Days / shift details
-Quarterly employee awards (£250 vouchers for winners)
-Internal training courses
-Company Shop Card
-28 days holiday per year including bank holidays (Bank Holidays are worked and taken in lieu) - Career progression
- Pension Contribution of 3% after 3 months
- Growing family business
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.