Vegetable Processing Site, Royds Farm Road, Beeston, Leeds, LS12 6DX
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. Due to rapid successful growth our organisation is constantly offering new and exciting opportunities.
Our Sales & Commercial team are a small but very friendly, outgoing, rambunctious crew.
They love making deals with new customers, making the best for the future of the business and thinking up new concepts alongside NPD to sell. They work closely with customers and prospective customers to see unique market opportunities and directions to take the business in. Fiercely competitive, they have the knack of ensuring they are ahead of the competition and ensure the business we take on is the right move for the Troy family. They secure people’s jobs in the business by being the Hunter / gatherers.
An opportunity for a new role has arisen at our Vegetable processing plant for a Head of Sales. Heading up a small team, the role will be a mix of managing the existing customer base (a combination of retail and food service customers) and business development.
Being a Senior member ofthe Commercial/Sales function, you will have full autonomy and control to develop, manage and bring in new accounts as well as the continuous development of your team and processes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce yearly business plans for customers, identifying new opportunities and strategies for growth
- Complete full pricing structures for each customer and product
- Utilise effective market analysis and sales tools for effective selling to new and existing customers
- Discuss monthly reports with customers by outlining key recommendations, offering suitable advice / solutions, and a clear summary of performance against KPIs and metrics
- Understand the level of competition by utilising GAP and SWOT analysis
- To conduct thorough research into new products, markets, and customers
- Prepare and deliver presentations as required to customers
As the most suitable candidate, you will have extensive experience in customer account and sales management, preferably within a food manufacturing environment. You will be an excellent communicator and be proficient in influencing and negotiation.
Hours of work
Flexibility as required to suit the needs of the business. Typically, office hours are 0830 - 1730
Days / shift details
Salary dependent on experience
Available upon application
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.