Distribution Hub & Central Services, Intermezzo Drive, Stourton, Leeds, LS10 1DF
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. Due to rapid successful growth our organisation is constantly offering new and exciting opportunities.
The HR team, based out of The Hub, are integral in ensuring that Troy has a highly capable management team, that are effective in managing their teams and a committed workforce who enjoy working at Troy.
The team work closely with the manufacturing sites to provide advice and guidance on all employment related matters. With a key focus on Employee Engagement and positive Employee Relations, the team are working to ensure that Troy is seen as an Employer of Choice by both current and prospective employees.
HR are heavily involved in the Corporate Social Responsibility programmes, providing opportunities for the business and its staff to engage with the local community and support the nominated charity of the year.
As a team, they have over 22 years’ experience in HR and are genuinely enthusiastic at what they do, continuously looking for ways that they can add value to the business.
Agencies & Training Suppliers – please see the supplier section before emailing the above email addresses or you risk being blacklisted.
The HR Assistant will be part of a team of 3, reporting to the Head of HR and working alongside the HR Advisor. The role will act as the first point of contact for colleague queries on site and support the HR Advisor and Head of HR with administrative duties and projects as required.
In addition to supporting colleagues and managers with day to day queries, the HR Assistant will be responsible for managing training compliance across all sites, ensuring adherence to the plan.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Carrying out the induction with new starters, ensuring all documentation is compliant and fully updated on the system
- Managing the electronic training management system, chasing compliance with managers and ensuring we have auditable records in place
- Working with the factory teams to produce SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) for new equipment and to support the SOP refresh process
- Facilitating Food Safety Level 2 training to all colleagues
- Working across all 4 sites, supporting managers and colleagues with first line HR queries
- Managing maternity, paternity and absence management processes as necessary
- Supporting the HR Advisor with ER cases as required
- Ensuring all HR Administration is completed to a high standard
- Managing the Occupational Health Surveillance process across all sites
As a food business, training and compliance is high on our agenda. The HR Assistant will be responsible for ensuring we have a fully trained manufacturing team, delivering induction and food safety training whilst working closely with the production teams to ensure on-the-job and SOP based training is completed to a high standard and work with them to fully embed our learning management system.
You will have experience working within a HR department in an administrative capacity, ideally within food manufacturing and you will be enthusiastic about working with people and providing a first class service.
You will have excellent communication skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the business. If you have excellent attention to detail and a drive to succeed then we want to hear from you.
The HR Assistant will work across all 4 of our sites which are based throughout the Leeds area. As such, a full UK driving licence and access to a car is highly desirable for this role.
Hours of work
08:00 - 16:00, Monday to Friday but flexibility is required to see other shift teams on an ad-hoc basis
Days / shift details
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.