Salads Manufacturing Site, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 1DR
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. Due to rapid successful growth our organisation is constantly offering new and exciting opportunities.
The Technical Team are a small, hardworking and friendly team. They are have an eye for detail, love to get involved in all aspects of the factory and strive for the best food quality and hygiene standards throughout the business. If you are equally as attentive, tenacious and have a high standard for details, then this is the team for you. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation who are pushing the boundaries of innovation in their sector.
The hygiene team are responsible for cleaning all equipment and areas across the site on a daily basis, meeting ours and our customers' high expectations.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- To work with the Hygiene Supervisors team to achieve the required hygiene standards
- To ensure hygiene equipment is removed from production areas after use and kept secure and in a tidy and clean manner.
- To inform a Hygiene Supervisor if any areas require attention i.e. blocked toilets, graffiti etc. and also report any damages to the engineering department.
- To ensure the method of cleaning means that equipment is not damaged and water does not get into electrical or sensitive equipment.
- To ensure that microbiological standards have been achieved when cleaning of production kit and the fabric of the building.
- To follow instruction from the Hygiene Supervisors regarding cleaning standards, health and safety and site security.
- To ensure that all area working in complies with hygiene audits, both internal and external, also completing the relevant paperwork to adhere to the procedures.
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to.
- To control and minimise waste.
- To provide assistance where necessary to the production function to help complete production plans to maximise cleaning time available.
You will have experience working within a Hygiene team in a food manufacturing environment, ideally within a chilled factory. You will have a good understanding of English and excellent attention to detail.
Hours of work
The team works 21:30 - 06:00, Sunday to Thursday during the winter months (September - April) and will work 7 days per week through the summer months (April - September).
You must be prepared to work 5 x 8 hour shifts each week which will include some weekends.
Days / shift details
£8.92 per hour rising to £9.72 per hour upon successful completion of a 12 week probation period
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.