Salads Manufacturing Site, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 1DR
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. Due to rapid successful growth our organisation is constantly offering new and exciting opportunities.
Our Stock control and planning department are known as our Supply Chain division. They plan our lines, ensure the right stock is in the right place at the right time, conduct stock checks, manage relationships with our suppliers to engage them and be able to pull in favours when the going gets tough. They also manage the relationships with the customers in terms of being able to predict the future by managing their expectations in terms of capacity, requirements and long term customer strategies. They ensure this information is fed back into the business, which, in turn, strengthens the relationships we have with our customers. They work with all departments to plan our lines as efficiently as possible, ensuring the product reaches the customer in time.
They are good with numbers, have excellent attention to detail and know our ingredients, packaging and people like the back of their hands.
This role works as part of a small supply chain team to effectively carry out the planning, scheduling and materials co-ordination tasks to produce a cohesive production plan that achieves the efficiencies, and targets required to meet our customers’ expectations.
The Planner is required to work closely with Production to provide a streamlined process from customer order, to finished goods.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To manage stock levels of both materials and finished product to balance production requirements and shelf life
- To evaluate minimum order quantities, delivery frequencies and stock holdings with suppliers and recommend changes as appropriate.
- To ensure products from external suppliers and internal storage sites are called off in a timely manner, ensuring no production downtime.
- To carry out a stock count, make adjustments on the system and then evaluate and take appropriate action or any corrective measure required
- To work with internal systems and MS Office to ensure order volumes are processed, production plans produced and systems are up to date
- To build lasting relationships with internal and external customers to ensure any potential issues are managed proactively
- To work closely with Logistics teams to ensure raw materials are booked in on time
The ideal candidate will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail. You will have experience within a planning or materials co-ordination role in a fast paced manufacturing business, and will strive under pressure.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are a must, along with IT proficiency.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday, 08:00 - 17:00
Days / shift details
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.