Vegetable Processing Site, Royds Farm Road, Beeston, Leeds, LS12 6DX
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. Due to rapid successful growth our organisation is constantly offering new and exciting opportunities.
The Technical Team are a small, hardworking and friendly team. They are have an eye for detail, love to get involved in all aspects of the factory and strive for the best food quality and hygiene standards throughout the business. If you are equally as attentive, tenacious and have a high standard for details, then this is the team for you. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation who are pushing the boundaries of innovation in their sector.
To provide exemplary quality auditing & management duties, ensuring the smooth operation of the organisation’s production objectives and targets in accordance with quality, BRC and safety standards.
The QA Manager is responsible for managing the audit activities of production workers, verifying conformance of activities to quality assurance standards, applying knowledge of job performance requirements, equipment operation standards, and product processing specifications.
Key Responsibilities include;
• To effectively manage, audit and motivate a team of QA Operatives and their duties in order to meet production targets
• Assist in the development, implementation and management of hygiene standards and procedures
• Assist in managing existing suppliers and approving new suppliers, including raw material specifications and intake checks
• Effectively train and educate staff according to the needs determined by the business, customer and legislative requirements
• To review, audit and challenge factory operations, product quality and quality systems to ensure that manufacturing operations maintain the highest standards of food safety and product integrity in line with the Technical Manager’s requirements
• Assisting in the development and monitoring of HACCP and quality systems in accordance to the latest BRC and customer standards
• To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations
• Process data analysis (e.g. yields, complaints, weight control), validation and improvement
• Investigate and respond to customer complaints (as and when required) within a timely manner, following through on corrective actions and ensuring further training is completed where appropriate
• To conduct factory audits to ensure that all areas comply with hygiene audits, both internal and external, reporting any anomalies found
• To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to by all staff
• To liaise with agency controllers (as and when Required) providing feedback regarding agency workers
• To manage the training and development of new starters within own department and provide on-going training in line with BRC standard to existing employees
• To act as a role model for best practice
• Monitor, control and minimise waste and play an active part in continuous improvement
• Liaise with Senior Management Teams with any reasonable requests
• Drive own personal development through training and work based experience
You will be an experienced QA Manager who aspires to the role of Technical Manager in the future. You will have extensive experience in the food manufacturing industry, and be confident in your systems and procedural knowledge.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday; 08:00-17:00 however, due to the type of role, flexibility is required
Days / shift details
Competitive plus benefits
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.