Salads Manufacturing Site, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 1DR
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. Due to rapid successful growth our organisation is constantly offering new and exciting opportunities.
The Technical Team are a small, hardworking and friendly team. They are have an eye for detail, love to get involved in all aspects of the factory and strive for the best food quality and hygiene standards throughout the business. If you are equally as attentive, tenacious and have a high standard for details, then this is the team for you. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation who are pushing the boundaries of innovation in their sector.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for a technically minded food professional to join a growing and successful team.
Responsibilities for the Technical Manager:
• Lead, manage and motivate the technical team.
• Mange all the technical and quality issues for customers. It would be important to build and maintain a strong relationship with key personnel working for all customers.
• Maintain current accreditation including BRC (Grade AA status).
• Effectively manage internal and external customer complaints.
• Manage the hygiene team and manage suppliers in accordance to Service Level Agreements.
• To work closely with Product Managers and the QA team to deliver improvement in the depts.
• HACCP implementation and reviewing.
• Involved with continuous improvement within the workplace.
• Tom monitor supply of deliveries.
• Any other duty as may be considered necessary to assist the business.
Requirements for the Technical Manager:
• Ideally have experience within the food industry - ideally within Meat / Abattoir.
• Experience with BRC audits (Grade A).
• Intermediate HACCP experience and Quality systems
Candidates MUST have previous Fresh Produce experience - ideally in a Technical role.
We will offer in return a competitive package and personalised training and development programme that would meet you aspirations and experience.
If you’re a driven and tenacious Technical Manager with relevant experience looking for new challenge in fast paced business, then why not try and join our Family?
Hours of work
Shifts commence from 8am to 5pm.
Overtime will be required during peak season and audit periods, so flexibility is absolute key
This role is to work Monday - Friday , although may be required to work weekends as well.
Days / shift details
Monday to Friday with option of working overtime when business demands required.
Negotiable, dependent on qualifications and experience.
33 days holiday per year including bank holidays
3% pension after 3 months.
6 month probationary period
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.