Salads Manufacturing Site, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 1DR
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. Due to rapid successful growth our organisation is constantly offering new and exciting opportunities.
The Production Team are the biggest team on site. They are the epicentre to our operations. They are a hard-working and friendly team. They have a knack for ensuring products are made on time, put into the right fast lane for production processing and packing products to our customers specification.
If you are equally as tenacious, have a passion for food and have a high standard of work, then this is the team for you. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation who are pushing the boundaries of innovation in their sector.
This role will co-ordinate the activities of an area of our Salads manufacturing facility, you may be working in either the high-care or low-care area.
Key responsibilities include:
- To effectively manage and motivate a team of people to meet production targets
- To work in production areas, producing products in line with client's specifications and quality procedures
- Ensure the final product meets client specifications
- To effectively maximise production efficiency to ensure plan is met on an hourly/daily basis
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations
- To ensure all paperwork and systems are completed and accurate in accordance with company procedures
- To ensure that all areas comply with hygienic audits, both internal and external
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to
- To liaise with agency contacts on a day to day basis, providing feedback regarding agency workers
- To assist in the training and development of new starters and provide on-going training in line with FSA, HSE and company standards for existing employees
- To monitor, control and minimise waste
- To play an active part in continuous improvement.
- Ensure food safety legislation and guidelines as well as company policy are adhered to
Essential Qualifications / Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven and motivated
- Previous supervisory experience in a production environment
- Positive attitude to work colleagues
Desired Qualifications / Experience
- Food hygiene qualification
- Knowledge of mayonnaise / prepared salads
Hours of work
- 40 hours per week based on a rolling 52 week average.
- Flexible approach to working hours in order to meet the demands of the business.
Days / shift details
As we are a 24/7 business, your days of work will cover the period Monday - Sunday. Typically working 5 out of 7 days.
£9 - £10 per hour dependent on experience
- Onsite Parking
- Great location
- Friendly staff/teams
- Quarterly employee awards (£250 vouchers for winners)
- Internal training courses
- Company Shop Card
- 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays (Bank Holidays are worked and taken in lieu)
- Career progression
- Growing family business
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.