Salads Manufacturing Site, Hunslet, Leeds, LS10 1DR
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. Due to rapid successful growth our organisation is constantly offering new and exciting opportunities.
Our Stock control and planning department are known as our Supply Chain division. They plan our lines, ensure the right stock is in the right place at the right time, conduct stock checks, manage relationships with our suppliers to engage them and be able to pull in favours when the going gets tough. They also manage the relationships with the customers in terms of being able to predict the future by managing their expectations in terms of capacity, requirements and long term customer strategies. They ensure this information is fed back into the business, which, in turn, strengthens the relationships we have with our customers. They work with all departments to plan our lines as efficiently as possible, ensuring the product reaches the customer in time.
They are good with numbers, have excellent attention to detail and know our ingredients, packaging and people like the back of their hands.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Planner/ Materials Coordinator to join our Salads site in Hunslet LS10.
Working as part of a small Supply Chain team you will be responsible to effectively plan and manage the stock ordering process to achieve the smooth operation of our production objectives.
If you are equally tenacious, have a keen eye for detail and a passion for the food industry then this is the team for you!
- Manage stock levels of both materials and finished products in line with production plans
- Accurately monitor stock levels with minimal waste
- Call off products from external suppliers into Troy
- Gain an understanding of all processes on site to enable efficient planning
- Create and deliver production plans
- Input and reconcile factory production to ensure adherence to plan
- Communicate with production employees, to ensure timely completion and despatch of production
- Ensure orders are correct and put into appropriate systems for 3rd parties to deliver to our customers within agreed deadlines
- Communicate with internal and external Customer/supplier relations both verbally and written
- Microsoft Office Excel and use of various in house systems
- Experience of working in an analytical planning role
- Strong analytical and IT skills
- Able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the business and external customers, both written & verbally
- High attention to detail and ability to prioritise
- To be able to work well as part of a team and manage own workload
- Previous planning experience ideally a fast paced environment (Desirable)
Hours of work
The team works office hours, covering 7am - 5pm and the exact hours worked will be within this period.
Days / shift details
This role will cover Monday - Sunday and you will be required to work at least 1 weekend in 2. We are flexible regarding the exact pattern worked
- Competitive rates of pay
- Onsite Parking
- Great location
- Friendly staff/teams
- Quarterly employee awards (£250 vouchers for winners)
- Internal training courses
- Company Shop Card
- 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays (Bank Holidays are worked & taken in lieu)
- Career progression
- Growing family business
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.