Vegetable Processing Site, Royds Farm Road, Beeston, Leeds, LS12 6DX
We are a private family owned, Yorkshire business with our ‘roots’ firmly in the fresh produce trade. Our organisation is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. Due to rapid successful growth our organisation is constantly offering new and exciting opportunities.
Our Stock control and planning department are known as our Supply Chain division. They plan our lines, ensure the right stock is in the right place at the right time, conduct stock checks, manage relationships with our suppliers to engage them and be able to pull in favours when the going gets tough. They also manage the relationships with the customers in terms of being able to predict the future by managing their expectations in terms of capacity, requirements and long term customer strategies. They ensure this information is fed back into the business, which, in turn, strengthens the relationships we have with our customers. They work with all departments to plan our lines as efficiently as possible, ensuring the product reaches the customer in time.
They are good with numbers, have excellent attention to detail and know our ingredients, packaging and people like the back of their hands.
We are looking for an experienced Raw Material Planner to join our friendly family at Vegetable Processing Site. We
currently have not got dedicated Supply Chain/Planner team at this site, so therefore the role will be working closely
with all department in particular our finance department. This is great opportunity for anyone enjoying autonomy
and potentially pushing the boundaries of innovation in the sector.
Are you tenacious Material Planner with a passion for food and experience of working in food production?
If so, we would like to hear from you.
The role will be essentially to ensure we have the right products at the right time and you will have the important
responsibility of planning and co-ordinating all the activities relating to raw and packaging material into the company
to meet demand.
Here is a little bit about the responsibilities:
• Manage stock levels and ensuring sufficient quantities are on site for Production plans and conducting cycle
• Check and understand material availability, following daily plan changes to ensure on time supply to production,
highlighting any key issues when required.
• Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability
and terms of sales
• Analyse market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
• Review Purchase Order claims
• Accurately monitor stock levels, keeping in line with inventory stock holding targets.
• Evaluate minimum order quantity, delivery frequency and stock holdings with suppliers and recommend changes
• Buying products, including the setting up of contracts for ingredients and packaging.
• Assist in the setting up of Production plans.
• Previous Material Planning experience, ideally within an FMCG manufacturing facility
• Stock management or scheduling tool experience
• Analytical skills with the ability to analyse and evaluate data
• Proficient in MS Office, including Word and Excel
• Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise differing demands
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
What to do next…We really hope this has attracted your interest and would love to hear from you. Click the ‘apply’
button today and our expert internal recruitment team will be in touch!
Hours of work
Average of 45 h per week
Days / shift details
Monday - Friday
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.